Saturday, September 04, 2004

NPR. . .I'm tuning to the left!

I've known for years that to listen to NPR you have to "tune to the left." As I age it seems I'm having to tune further and further left. Zell Miller spoke at the NRC, in New York. He pasted Kerry pretty well. Talked about Mr. Kerry's voting record and what he thought about it. I got the impression Zell is not very impressed. He listed a number of wepons systems that Kerry voted against during his career in the Senate. He talked about Kerry supporting the authorization of war in Iraq followed by his vote against support ($87 billion) for the troops.

I was not really surprised when NPR ran a "yes but" attack on Miller the day after his speech. The democratic party was thrilled with the spin supplied by NPR, I'm sure. Zell Miller, a life long Democrat, shared his opinion of a democratic party gone too far to the left, and the man they have nominated as their choice to run for President of the United States. Based largely on Kerry's record, Miller's opinion was clear. Although they could not dispute the veracity of Miller's facts they proceeded to excuse Mr. Kerry on each point.

They concluded their "analysis" by pointing out how "negative" and incorrect the Republicans are in their criticism of Kerry. They also pointed out that the DNC had not been negative at all. Both points were untrue. Not only were the Republicans very restrained in their criticism of Kerry, but the DNC went out of their way to call the President a liar who "mislead" the country into war. This is a lie that went unchallenged by the "analysts" at NPR, because of this organisation's political bias.

As I finish this little note, I renew my determination to stay in contact with those opposing our President. I'll just have to keep tuning further and further left.

Here is a link to the text of Mr. Miller's speech:
http://gopconvention.com/cgi-data/speeches/files/ie65ay1zuai2r6ttb19uj6s2y6q7930j.shtml

No comments: